Serves: 4 Total Time: 40 Minutes
25g Dried mushrooms (any)
250g Frozen peas
250g Risotto rice
125ml White wine
1.2 lt. Vegetable stock
2 tbsp Olive oil
4 tbsp Dairy-free “Butter”
1 Onion diced
2 garlic cloves crushed
15 Asparagus spears finely chopped into discs
Small bunch chives finely chopped
1. Place the dried mushrooms in the hot stock and let them soak.
2. Heat 2 tbsp of the butter and oil in a wide pan over medium heat, and fry the onion for 5 to 10 mins until tender and translucent.
3. Add the garlic and fry for a minute.
4. Remove the dried mushrooms from the stock and add them to the pan.
5. Fry for 8-10 mins or until tender and golden.
6. Stir in the rice and coat in the oil from the pan.
7. Add the wine and simmer for 2 mins to reduce.
8. Add the stock gradually, stirring regularly until absorbed before adding more.
9. Keep adding and stirring for 20 mins until most of the stock has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
10. Add the peas and asparagus and cook for 5 minutes until slightly tender.
11. Remove from the heat, stir the remaining 2 tbsp vegan butter and the herbs into the risotto, leave to stand for 5 minutes, covered, before serving.